Saturday, April 07, 2012

Sharing co-operative council ideas

I'm really looking forward to next Tuesday ... Steve Reed, the Leader of Lambeth Council, is up in Edinburgh and will be speaking about his experiences of developing and leading a Cooperative Council ...

... all the details of his talk are over on the main Edinburgh Labour site, here.

I met Steve a few months ago, when I was down in London, and some of my colleagues also met up with other members of Lambeth's team last year ... they've all been hugely supportive of our efforts in developing a cooperative vision for the City of Edinburgh Council.

Lambeth has been pursuing this agenda for several years now - some further information on their work can be accessed here - and I'll be keen to hear Steve's reflections on how its progressing, and potential lessons for Edinburgh? He's also taking the time to visit a couple of Wards in the city as well.

I'll be sure to post my thoughts on the events-of-the-day, after Tuesday!

No comments: